Trails Collective Weekly Rundown | April 16, 2021
The Week in Northeast Trail Running
April 16, 2021
On the Social Media Boards:
- New plan unveiled for a 50M rail trail build along the former Shenandoah railway.
- In Maryland, 3 individuals, Jon Gowen, Sam Gutner, and Patrick Blair are planning on setting off for a new FKT in the form of a 100k traverse of the Patapsco Valley State Park this Saturday. Hoping to also raise awareness for the park and raise funds for the Kupenda For the Children organization in Kenya
On Thursday, April 15th, I went long on TC Live with Zach Miller.
Upcoming Races and Registrations Opening
Races Running This Weekend:
- Chopawamsic 50k, 100k in Triangle, VA
- MCW Runners Paradise 10 Mile run in Morristown, NJ
- English’s Ridge Rumble 10M, 20M, 50k run in Fayetteville, NY
- Enchanted Forest 6h Ultra run in Stratford, CT
- Traprock 17k / 50k in CT
Race Registrations Opening This Week Ahead
- The BURCS’ Notchview Ultra, running 12 / 24 / 48 Hrs in Windsor, MA weekend of September 11th. Registration will open to 2020 rollovers and any remaining later opened to new entrants.
- Groton Forest Trail Runs, 6.2 / 15 / 26 Milers slated for September 11th in Groton, VT
- Allegheny Front’s Hemlock Half 14 Mile and Seneca 50k are slated for August 7 in Philipsburg, PA with registration here.
On the FKT Front
- Justin Kousky, 1h 45m and Sarah Connor 2h 15m for the Circum Saugatuck, a 12.5 mile loop around the Saugatuck Reservoir. Justin’s new mark undercuts Ben Nephew’s time from December by 7 minutes. Sarah’s is a first women’s unsupported mark.
- Debbie and Scott Livingston, clearly out for another date outing, this time leaving a new 2h 47m mixed-gender team mark on the Metacomet – Timberlin Loop
- Michael Lo Presti, 3h 14m for the Tri-State Tri-Mountain Loop through NY, CT, & MA, lowering his own time as the only marksman so far on this route.
Nick Poles, 4h 19m for the Boroughs Loop
Chris Vaudo & Elise Garton, 1h 56m for the Billy Goat – C&O Looop
Matt Moschella, 1h 49m for the Stonetown Circular, a beautiful route in the hill and lake section of North Jersey, and shaving off a slim 54 seconds off of the prior mark set in 2020.
- Patrick Hallahan, 1h 6m for the Highland Forest M Loop.
- Ben LeBlanc, 3h 13m for the Tupper Lake Triad, a 15 mile three peak circuit in the ADK’s, a route first set by Kelly MacDonald this past October.
Emily Tessier & Nate Cressman, 2h 6m on the Arcadia Trail, a nice sounding 13.5 miles with a bit of technicality. Good to see some trail marks on the board in Rhode Island. Their mark shaves 8 minutes from the prior mark just set a month ago.
Pat Heine for the Mid State Trail in 5d 23h, lowering Eric Kosek’s mark of 6d 6h from 2020. The Mid State is a 327 mile long beast, referred to as the “Wildest in PA”, crossing the Appalachian and Allegheny’s from roughly the Maryland to New York borders. In the video Rundown we get a clip in from Pat Heine giving us a quick rundown of that amazing effort.
- Rattling Creek Run 10k, 25k, 50k run in Halifax, PA ran with results here.
- Dirty Kiln, put on by the Alleghenny Trail Runners ran with results here. In our video rundown above we plug clips from women’s half and 10k winners Anna Balouris and Brittany Gentry.
- Shore2Shore 25k, 50k (each day) run in East Islip, NY had a beautiful weekend with results here. In our video rundown we get a clip in from Co-RD Vinny Cappadora.
- Singletrack Maniac 10k & 50k ran in Williamsburg, VA. Results are here, and in the video rundown, we here from Men’s 40 winner and Ultra machine Greg Loomis. Video in from Greg Loomis M’s 40 – 49 division winner.
- Eagleton Trail Challenge 10k, 25k (+ Ruck), 50k rn in Lock Haven, PA. Results from the weekend are here. Thanks to RD Blake for lining up a number of video clips in from division winners. In the Video rundown we here from Tyler Eagleton on the 10k win, Erin Kennedy on the Ruck win, Katie Sick on the 25k, Sarah Briggs on the 50k.
You must be logged in to post a comment.