Trails Collective Weekly Rundown | April 9, 2021
Trails Collective Weekly Rundown
April 9, 2021
Support is needed for the New York New Jersey Trail Conference to halt a proposed hydroelectric project that will dam and flood several popular Catskill area trail heads.
Salomon Running Academy
Have a youth who’s ripping it up on trails and their community? You can apply now for an all expenses paid Salomon Running Academy Camp in Moab here.
The UltraSignUp Hot List
- The Eastern Divide 50k, slated for June 19th in Pembroke, VA is 98% full with only 5 spots remaining.
- Athletic Equations Chopawamsic 50k and 100k Challenge, slated to run in the beautiful woods of Prince William Forest Park VA on April 17th has only 1 spot remaining, and in the 100k distance. Now would be the time to get on this beauty.
- English’s Ridge Rumble, running April 17th in Fayetteville, NY is down to the registration wire with 5 spots remaining in the 50k, and 3 in the 20 miler.
- C&O Canal 100 Miler, slated for April 24th in Knoxville, MD is 94% full with 39 spots still remaining.
- The Blood Root Ultra, running mid-May in Pittsfield, VT, with distances ranging from 10 Miles to 500 Miles is 92% full with 19 spots remaining.
- The Soapstone Mountain Trail 6k / 24K running May 16th in Connecticut are 90% full with 15 and 22 spots remaining respectively.
- The Moosalamoo Ultra’s 14 and 36 mile options are both quickly rising towards there caps, both 90% full. The races are slated for July 31st in Goshen, VT. Only about 15 spots remain.
Registrations Opening in April
On The Bacon Trail – The Naylor Mill Trail 7k in Salisbury, MD, slated for August 13th. Get in on the Bacon vs Scrapple challenge on this fun Delmarva trail community crew event.
Wakely Dam Ultra 55k, running in Peseco, NY on July 24. A classic ADK event. Wakely’s A technical wilderness Point to Point run fully on the Northville Placid Trail, self supported with no crossings or way out except to keep going to the finish.
The BURCS’ Notchview Ultra, running 12 / 24 / 48 Hrs in Windsor, MA weekend of September 11th. Registration will open to 2020 rollovers and any remaining later opened to new entrants.
Groton Forest Trail Runs, 6.2 / 15 / 26 Milers slated for September 11th in Groton, VT
Allegheny Front’s Hemlock Half 14 Mile and Seneca 50k are slated for August 7 in Philipsburg, PA
Algonquin Ultra’s The Pemberton 24 Hr is slated to run on September 24th in Salisbury, MD. The format is to run a trail 5k on the hour, every hour, running 1, or 24.
On the FKT Front
Sarah Ports Connor, 1h 41m for the 16 km Mattabesett – Lone Pine Loop, lowering the prior mark from 2020 by 20 minutes.
Maia Madison, 9h 6m for the women’s unsupported Double Out & Back over the Blue Hills Skyline Trail. The mark has a flag against it for a deviation from the set route.
In Process: Pat Heine for the Mid State Trail FKT in PA, looking to lower Eric Kosek’s mark of 6d 6h from 2020. The Mid State is a 327 mile long beast, referred to as the “Wildest in PA”, crossing the Appalachian and Allegheny’s from roughly the Maryland to New York borders. It’s literally been a perfect weather week and he’s moving well, looking at the moment like a roughly 6 day finish time for 4 am this Friday.
Katy Kramer, 1h 27m for an opening supported women’s mark for the 4.8 mile Fortune’s Cove Preserve Loop.
Half Wit Half
The Half Wit Half ran in Reading, PA. Another Pretzel City sports and Ron Horn production. Taking the overall win in 1:37 was Matthew Herzig from Philadelphia, with Stephanie Kershner of Hamburg in 2:07 for the women. I was able to check in with Sergiy “the original Jorts” Chepyshev who will cue us in to the Half Wit.
Dogwood Ultra Marathons
Dogwood’s 10M, 12H, 24H ran in Green Bay, VA. In the 10 Mile Jake Rose took the win in 1:33 with top women’s spot going to Christina Rose in 1:42. For the 12 Hour Rhoda Smoker took the overall win with 57.8 Miles. And, I was able to connect with the 24 Hour winner Sarah Wallace who put in 100 miles for the overall win in the 24 Hour division.
The Long Creek 60k ran in Virginia Beach, VA – Overall win went to Mike Kapetanakis from Virginia Beach in 5:08, with Paige Mita of Norfolk taking the top women’s spot in 6:36.
NUTT Endurance Challenge
The inaugural Nutt Endurance Challenge 5k, 20k, and 50k ran in Keezletown, VA – Dennis Carmody took the 5k win in 29:18 with Natasha Pence for the women in 36:03. For the 20k, Steve Gray on top in 1:51:14 with Elizabeth Lamm on his heels in 1:51:37. To attest to that divisional win, I was able to connect with Steve Gray who’ll cue us in here. And in the 50k, Roy Brooks took the win in 5:03 with Brittany Dyer for the women in 5:44. And, for that women’s win, Brittany Dyer reflecting on the event and effort.
- Eagleton Trail Challenge 10k, 25k (+ Ruck), 50k run in Lock Haven, PA
- Rattling Creek Run 10k, 25k, 50k run in Halifax, PA
- Shore2Shore 25k, 50k (each day) run in East Islip, NY
- Singletrack Maniac 10k, 50k in Williamsburg, VA
- Chopawamsic in 50k, 100k in Triangle, VA
- MCW Runners Paradise run in Morristown, NJ 10 miler
- English’s Ridge Rumble 10M, 20M, 50k run in Fayetteville, NY
- Enchanted Forest Ultra run in Stratford, CT 6h
- Traprock 17k / 50k
- Seven Trails Ultra Festival in Damascus, VA
- C&O Canal 100M in Knoxville, MD
- Hyner Trail Challenge 25k, 50k
- Lucky Seven 7 Hour in Queens, NY
- Promise Land 50k in Bedford, VA
- Dixon’s Revenge 5k, Canicross, ½ Marathon in Rollinsford, NH
- On the Dam Trail 34M, Hooversville, PA
- Sundown Trail Run 4M, 6M in Alpine, NJ
- NJ Devil 100M in Bass River Station, NJ
- UROC 100k / 50k in Skylark, VA