Trails Collective Weekly Rundown | March 26, 2021
Weekly Rundown of Trail Running in the Northeast
March 26, 2021
In the Media
TC Live This Week
Join us Thursday night, March 25th as PA Trail Sister Grayce Langheine, and Nicole Cappadora of Happily Running and the Finger Lakes Runners Club connect with Author, Mom, and Endurance Animal, Katie Arnold. Tune into the Trails Collective’s Facebook and YouTube channels at 8pm.
NYNJ Trails Conference
NYNJ TC released an article about running in mud season etiquette for your consideration.
The UltraSignUp Hot List
- Hyner View Trail Challenge, 25k / 50k running April 24th in North Bend, PA. This is a regional classic and consistently one of the largest events in our region. Typically it sells out pretty quickly and I’m surprised to see slots open. I’m guessing secondary to COVID shakeups and rollovers. If interested, get on it now.
- 5 spots remain for the Spring on the Trails Endurance Runs 3 and 6 hr events, slated for this Sunday in Langrangeville, NY. If still an option to register by the time of filming, no time like that moment.
- 4 spots remain for the Big Woods Half Marathon, an inaugural event running on my home turf in French Creek, Elverson PA. They’re slated to run this weekend so if registration is still open by the time this episode is live, there’d be no better time.
- 4 spots remain for the Rattling Creek 10k, 25k, and 50k’s, slated for April 10th in Halifax PA.
- Arriving on the warning track this week is the classic Laurel Highlands 50k edition running June 13 in Ohiopyle, PA, with only 17 spots remaining.
- The CUT112, set for June 4th in Southwick, MA to start, is holding at 90% full.
- Singletrack Maniac 50k slated for April 10th in Williamsburg, VA is 91% full.
Registrations Opening This Weekend
- Shore2Shore 25k/50k scheduled for April 10-11th in East Islip, NY.
- On the Rocks Trail Runs 16.7 to 50k’s scheduled for June 26 in York, PA.
Another great Virginia option and early season 50k and half showcasing the beautiful and technical trails of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Thanks to a crew who followed up on the weekend. Patrick Early of the Dairy Queen Track Club, and who has Umstead on deck this weekend checked in to provide us the intro and podium rundown, and we’re grateful for a couple clips from finishers to weave in afterward. Take it Patrick….
A 6 Hr event running over a 5 mile loop along the shores of the beautiful Chesapeake Bay in Lusby, MD.
This year w/ the Bavarian merging in, for Marathon and 50 Mile options run on the flowing trails surrounding Blue Marsh Lake in Leesport, PA. Info at . 27 spots still available, but will close out by this weekend. Get on it now at: https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=77799
Virginia Adventures Dogwood Ultras offer 10 mile, 12 Hour, 12 Hour Night, and 24 Hour options.
On the FKT Front
Ben Thompson, in a huge effort, 3h 32m to take the male unsupported mark on the Presi Traverse, shaving over 10 minutes off an already phenomenal mark set by Jordan Fields in 2019.
Matt Moshcella, 2h 51m for the Five Sisters Loop, in Bear Mountain, taking 15 minutes off of Jordan Planck’s mark from last July.
Bethany Garretson and Katlin Rhodes, 15h 39m for the beautiful beast of a route which is the Bob Marshall Traverse…covering 31 miles with over 15,000’ of gain. This sets the female unsupported Winter Standard Route mark. And, same day, same route, Laura Tuttle was also out there, finishing in 15h 48m. Thanks to Laura for checking in to cue us into the Bob Marshall and her day out there with a video clip.
Keith Querry 1d 3h for the 84 mile Standing Stone Trail, 90 minutes under George Conrad’s mark from September.
To take us out on the video episode, a clip in from Keith on his effort.